Gambia the mesmerizing land for a holiday
Mesmerizing holidays in Benin
Mauritius the Perfect Escapade
Rip-off Rome adds daily tax for tourists visiting city
It seems travel in the current economic climate is an easy target for tax hikes. Paying air passenger duty (a flight tax here in the UK) gets my blood boiling so finding out that cities like Rome are hiking up their tourist tax infuriates me even more.
Rip off Rome adds daily tax for tourists visiting city
Cities like Rome are already a rip-off for tourists, so this is going to make it an even more expensive place to visit, especially when the Euro currency isn’t performing that well against many other currencies.
The new tax, which took effect on January 1, 2011.
• For guests staying at 4 or 5 star hotels: €3 per person, per night
• For guests staying at 3 star or lower hotels: €2 per person, per night
• For entrance to museums and other paid tourist attractions: an extra €1 per ticket
What do you think about tourist tax; is it a necessary evil or, do you think we already pay enough tax and tourist destinations and the travel industry should stop trying to get more money out of consumers’ pockets?
For a more balanced view: Rome tax: what it costs & how to avoid it.
- Travel Rome: the Eternal City
As a center of great civilizations, Rome has been immensely influential in its long history. Boastin
- Charged under occupancy but put into single room
As a solo traveller myself I get very annoyed, very quickly, when a fellow solo traveller has to pay
- Vacation in Portugal
One of the oldest countries in Europe, Portugal is all about ancient monuments, churches, castles an
- Travel the pious Vatican City for a getaway
European nation of Vatican City is the smallest country of the world. Only separated due to a wall,
- Hotel star ratings are useless to consumers
Regular readers will know that I am not a huge fan of travel surveys, but, research by Travel Superm